Wanted to take a minute to share with you some of the art I've been doing with the kids at my preschool. The most awesome part? These kids are between 6 and 16months old! That's right. You CAN do art with very young children. You just have to keep it simple, flexible, and make sure it's safe to go in their mouth! =)

For this project, I gave my kiddos a paper with a drawn tree on it, and spread
glue stick glue all over the branches area. I then gave them a pile of torn bits of paper, which I helped them to pick up and drop over the glue area. Then we pressed down the "leaves" to make the tree.

This one was done in a similar fashion, but with ladybug spots.



For the above project, I put a spot of red, yellow, and blue paint on a piece of black construction paper, with 4 clear stones. My original thought was that the kids would be painting the stones. However, in addition to beautiful stones, they made some really great pieces of art on the black paper. As you can see, they really got into this project.

For this project, I dribbled water over the paint spots in this watercolor tray. I let them play with the tray, and helped them find the paper to paint with their fingers. Their water color pieces were beautiful!

For this project, I put spots of finger paint on yellow construction paper, along with leaves from nearby trees. Look at how he's digging in his fingers!
Thanks for letting me share!
1 comment:
I love love love those!
Post a Comment